As you are aware, we are in a new time with the Covid-19 out there. On the advice of the State of Minnesota and the UCC Minnesota Conference we are cancelling all church events until April 1. We will be reevaluating at that time. Randy’s bible study for Wednesday Lenten services will be e-mailed out. Should you know of someone who would like it mailed just let the office know and we will take care of that. Randy is working on a way to get the Sunday sermon to you and will send out a notice when we get that worked out.
Please keep yourselves safe during this time.
Sunday, March 8 @ 9 a.m. – Choir, Sunday School; 10 a.m. – Worship
Wednesday, March 11 @ 6 p.m. – Soup Supper, Lenten Bible Study; 7 p.m. – Council Meeting
Sunday, March 15 @ 9 a.m. – Choir, Sunday School; 10 a.m. – Worship, Noisy Offering
Joys and Concerns
– Concerns: Sue Rollins, Dan Maiden, Paul Ledford, Mae Peterson, Gerri Frederick, Peggy’s mom, Rich Rollins, and Joan Lundell; People dealing with cancer; People dealing with depression & anxiety; Spread of the new virus
– Joys: Miracle’s birthday; nice weather
Duties: March 15
Liturgist: Helen Stukel
Fellowship: Sharon/Dick Anderson, Cindy/Cheri Fjermestad
Cleaning: Diane Bakker
Ushers: Bea Read, John Butterbrodt
We have only 5 days until the Meatball Dinner! We need all hands on deck to get these meatballs ready and to finish everything else that needs to be done. As such, we will be having our Prep Day this Saturday (February 22) at 9:01 a.m. We are counting on all of you to be here if you can.
Remember: If you are working with food you must wear a hat. Any hat will do, but please pick one without any political statements.
Our church will hold its annual meeting on Wednesday, January 22. A potluck dinner will be served at 6 p.m. and the meeting will follow at 7 p.m. Please mark the date on your new 2020 calendars. Plan to come for the meal and stay for the meeting.
Just a gentle reminder that pledges for giving in the new year are due. Please turn them in as soon as possible so we can correctly plan for the new year.
- Sunday, November 17 @ 9 a.m. – Worship, Noisy Offering; 10 a.m. – Sunday School
- Monday, November 18 @ 7 p.m. – Circle of Stones at Pearl Lenzen’s Home
- Wednesday, November 20 @ 6 p.m. – Confirmation; 7 a.m. – Choir
- Sunday, November 24 @ 9 a.m. – Worship; 10 a.m. – Sunday School
Joys and Concerns
- Concerns: Sue Rollins, Dan Maiden, Paul Ledford, Mae Peterson, Bob Slettedahl, Gerri Frederick, Ray Olson, Diane Beninga, Peggy’s mom, Our government, Sharon’s cousin Kenny Peterson in his last days,
- Joys: Youth participated in the ecumenical food drive and had a great time, Kaylia was the lead in “Annie” and we had a flutist in the orchestra, farmer’s finishing harvest, PAC concert was good, Peggy had fun telling Spencer about Myracle’s deer since he had not gotten one yet
Duties: November 24
- Liturgist: Steve Zumhofe
- Fellowship: Sue Selden, Jeff/Sheila VanOverbeke
- Cleaning: Gail Rohlik
- Ushers: Dennis/Konnie Holtz
Next week’s readings: November 24, 2019
- Jeremiah 23:1-6
- Psalm 46
- Colossians 1:11-20
- Luke 23:33-43