Church on Sunday, March 10, is being cancelled. Now you won’t have to worry about being late because you didn’t set your clock ahead on Saturday night!
Please see attached for the March 2019 Encounter.
Within this Encounter you will find the recently-updated Fellowship serving list for 2019
Please feel free to contact the Church office if you have any questions about the schedule. The duties will be listed in each month’s newsletter and are also included in the bulletin every week. The Church office also strives to contact members via email or phone (if you don’t have an email address on file) to help make sure everyone is notified in a timely manner of their opportunities to serve.
Note: The cleaning list will be in the next issue of the Encounter.
March 2019 Encounter.pdf
- Sunday, February 17 @ 9 a.m. – Sunday Service; 10 a.m. – Choir Practice
- Wednesday February 20 @ 5 p.m. – Worship, Sanctuary, Membership Committee meeting
- Sunday, February 24 @ 9 a.m. – Sunday Service, Allen Gislason Preaching; 10 a.m. – Choir Practice
Joys and Concerns
- Concerns : People traveling & keeping roads open and helping others; Allen & Jane on the loss of their dog, Bear; Pearl’s granddaughter Jenny; Dick and Sharon.
- Joys: Peg & Bryan’s grandson James is here; Myracle & Braylee also here; YME boys beat Minneota; YME Danceline goes to State again.
Duties for February 24, 2019
- Liturgist: Helen Stukel
- Fellowship: Cindy & Cheri Fjermestead, Bea Read
- Ushering: DuWayne & LaVonne Koenen
- Cleaning: Gail Rohlik
- Sunday, January 20 @ 9 a.m. – Sunday Service (Communion, Noisy Offering Sunday); 10:30 a.m. – Choir Practice
- Wednesday, January 23 @ 6 p.m. – Potluck Supper; 7 p.m. – Annual Meeting
- Sunday, January 27 @ 9 a.m. – Sunday Service, Terese Tomanek preaching; 10:30 a.m. – Choir Practice
Joys and Concerns
- Concerns: Sue R., Hazel C., Liz DeBlieck Family, the government; and Michael K.
- Joys: Jane is getting better and becoming more patient; Jayme Closs found alive and is back home; Next Sunday is noisy offering Sunday; Joel’s cousin Michael airlifted, stents put in and he is home.
Next week’s readings: January 27, 2019
- Nehemiah 8:1-3, 5-6, 8-10 Psalm 19
- 1 Corinthians 12:12-31a Luke 4:14-21
Duties for January 27
- Ushers: Bryan & Peggy Mooney
- Fellowship – Bryan & Peggy Mooney
- Liturgist – Sue Selden
Note: February 1, 2019 First planning meeting for Fat Tuesday Meal! Starting at 2 p.m. If you can’t be there and want to be involved let Peggy K know.
Thank you to everyone who participated in our recent winter clothing drive.
We delivered to the Yellow Medicine East Schools the following:
- 33 pairs of leggings,
- 8 new or gently used coats, and
- 12 hats and scarves.